nyctophiliacreader

Nefelibata's Blog

I am a history geek, writer, introvert, indulger of day-long film & tv series marathons, and habitual procrastinator. I love the smell of rainy days, hot tea, and staying up all night reading.

Under Rose-Tainted Skies

Under Rose-Tainted Skies - Louise D. Gornall Fear and anxiety are a normal part of our life. Normal anxiety keeps us alert in different situations but for Nora, it makes her life a living hell. Nora is housebound with agoraphobia plus panic disorder. She self-harms when she cannot overcome overwhelming situations. She also has OCD. She developed odd habits she could never really account for, like compulsively checking the number of stairs. Her mind is rebelling against her own body's instinctive reactions and her desires. She wants to be normal and goes on a date with the boy next door, Luke. Despite her efforts, fear and love cannot live in the same house so she gave up all.
At the beginning, I thought that the book was very well written. I love books about mental health issues and in this book they were all portrayed really well. However, romance was not epic. In fact it was pretty awkward and meaningless. I feel really conflicted about the ending. It was a little abrupt and weird one for my liking.